Media | Full Time | Vancouver
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Media Planner is responsible for strategizing, planning, and executing media-related activities on selected projects. The media planner reports directly to the media supervisor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manages media planning cycles, from preparing and presenting plans to coordinating analyses and optimization recommendations.
- Oversees reporting and analysis processes.
- Designs strategic roadmaps, including growth pillars, channel priorities and tactic testing.
- Leads all direct display tactics, from media buying to campaign management and optimization.
- Maintains macro view of digital media performance, making strategic optimization decisions where necessary.
- Develops and presents strategic digital media solutions with purpose of growing digital media revenue in all avenues.
- Reviews and provides strategic input that influences digital media performance.
- Identifies opportunities to test various digital media strategies and technologies to add to our digital media service offerings.
- Researches digital media solutions, technologies, and conversion best practices to support offerings and new business development.
- Ensures that all media invoices, discrepancies, and billings are input, cleared, and issued in a timely fashion.
- Assists with ad hoc media planning and buying support for select brand and social campaigns.
- Works with Account Managers to define and estimate projects and technical tasks and plan overall budgets.
- Works with Account Managers to manage operational delivery including priority setting, coordination of deliverables, and long-term direction on projects.
- Works with Campaign Managers who will set up/monitor/optimize the campaign in platforms
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a relevant field (business, communications, marketing, psychology, etc.).
- 3+ years online media planning
- Expert knowledge of the digital landscape, including online campaigns, new technologies used in both front and backends, social media, and online marketing.
- Expert knowledge of media specific terminology and digital metrics, corresponding data, and their implication on planning efforts.
- Expert knowledge of conventional and unconventional digital media buying and acquisition models (CPA, CPC, CPM, CPE)
- Expert knowledge of major ad-serving platforms, CPC bidding platforms (e.g. Marin, Acquision, etc.), Facebook PowerEditor, and Google AdWords (GAP certification is an asset).
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, custom charts, filters, dashboards, macros, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of media and research tools (comScore, MRI, eMarketer, etc.).
- Ability to create compelling presentations and documents communicating campaign plans, reports, post mortems, etc.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate financial documentation and systems, including the ability to set and understand budgets and forecasts.
- Advanced knowledge of Social Insight tools (i.e. Facebook Audience Insights).
- Advanced knowledge of SEM platforms & optimization (i.e. Google AdWords, Bing, etc.).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of bid management or cross-marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of analytical methodologies used for optimization and evaluation of multi-channel marketing campaigns (customer segmentation, predictive response models, marketing analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, etc.)
- Advanced computer and digital literacy skills (Microsoft Windows / Apple OSX, Microsoft Office, Internet/Web, Social Media).