Senior Media Planner
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Media Planner is responsible for leading the growth of the Media department through the development of strategic and innovative technical solutions, and supports the team with strategizing, planning, and executing media-related activities on selected projects. In addition, the Media Planner will also support new business development efforts and will educate the agency on new media strategies and tactics. The Senior Media Planner will report directly to the Head of Strategy and mage the team of media planners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise the media planners team:
- setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision
- organizing workflow and ensuring that planners understand the expectations and deliverables or delegated tasks
- monitoring planners productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Develops and presents strategic digital media solutions with purpose of growing digital media revenue in all avenues.
- Reviews and provides strategic input that influences digital media performance.
- Identifies opportunities to test various digital media strategies and technologies to add to our digital media service offerings.
- Drives up digital media service market share and drives revenue.
- Researches digital media solutions, technologies, and conversion best practices to support offerings and new business development.
- Designs strategic roadmaps, including growth pillars, channel priorities and tactic testing.
- Manages media planning cycles, from preparing and presenting plans to coordinating analyses and optimization recommendations.
- Leads all direct display tactics, from media buying to campaign management and optimization.
- Oversees reporting and analysis processes.
- Maintains macro view of digital media performance, making strategic optimization decisions where necessary.
- Works with Account Managers to define and estimate projects and technical tasks and plan overall budgets.
- Works with Account Managers to manage operational delivery including priority setting, coordination of deliverables, and long-term direction on projects.
- Works with campaign managers who will set up/monitor/optimize the campaign in platforms
- Ensures that all media invoices, discrepancies, and billings are input, cleared, and issued in a timely fashion.
- Assists with ad hoc media planning and buying support for select brand and social campaigns.
- Provides estimates for media related efforts for select brands and social campaigns.
- Works with ad operations to ensure adequate tracking and QA.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a relevant field (business, communications, marketing, psychology, etc.).
- 6+ years of overall media planning experience with a minimum of 3 years online media planning
- Expert knowledge of the digital landscape, including online campaigns, new technologies used in both front and backends, social media, and online marketing.
- Expert knowledge of media specific terminology and digital metrics, corresponding data, and their implication on planning efforts.
- Expert knowledge of conventional and unconventional digital media buying and acquisition models (CPA, CPC, CPM, CPE)
- Expert knowledge of major ad-serving platforms, CPC bidding platforms (e.g. Marin, Acquisio, etc.), Facebook PowerEditor, and Google AdWords (GAP certification is an asset).
- Advanced knowledge of media and research tools (comScore, MRI, eMarketer, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, custom charts, filters, dashboards, macros, etc.).
- Ability to create compelling presentations and documents communicating campaign plans, reports, post mortems, etc.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate financial documentation and systems, including the ability to set and understand budgets and forecasts.
- Advanced knowledge of Social Insight tools (i.e. Facebook Audience Insights).
- Advanced knowledge of SEM platforms & optimization (i.e. Google AdWords, Bing, etc.).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of bid management or cross-marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of analytical methodologies used for optimization and evaluation of multi-channel marketing campaigns (customer segmentation, predictive response models, marketing analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, etc.)
- Understands the full development eco-system/cycle within digital landscape (media strategy tie-in with campaigns or other marketing initiatives)
- Advanced computer and digital literacy skills (Microsoft Windows / Apple OSX, Microsoft Office, Internet/Web, Social Media).